Add egg mixture all at once to flour … Back in the days, kids would often climb up these trees and enjoy eating their mango while sitting on a branch with their feet swaying in the air. INGREDIENTS. Made with blueberries, oats, and zero refined sugar, you can feel good eating them! 1 teaspoon vanilla And while we are taking a tropical stance here, coconut flakes not only lend a rich sweet nutty aroma but also improve the texture for the promise of a tasty gluten-free sugar-free treat. combine all dry ingredients into a bowl and stir well. Of all the things that I miss from being away from my home country, the mango and coconut trees that grow (till today) in the garden at my parents house are among the vivid memories I have of home. with apple cider vinegar and the slight acidity of the mango puree in the batter). In large bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (except … Instructions. Peel the mango and cut into chunks. These trees were planted when my parents moved into their new home. Add in the rest of the wet ingredients. 1/2 cup blueberries You never fail to post the best. Add the Oat Flour to a large mixing bowl. You may like these other muffins/cupcakes and cake recipes from the blog: Apple and Orange Loaf Cake (can be made into muffins), Categories: Breakfast, Cakes, Recipes Tags: blueberry, coconut, coconut flakes, diabetic desserts, gluten-free, mango, oat, oatmeal, sugar-free, vegan muffins. Place 1 cup of the rolled oats in a blender and process to a flour. Don't worry about this as when it bakes, the fruits are going to release more moisture for an optimum texture. I feel even the maple syrup could be left out if you are looking to make it more suitable as a diabetic dessert or foods that are low on the GI (glycemic index). At most, the green ones were made into pickles or salads. 1 cup (240ml) milk. Instructions Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit). Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line 10 cups of a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners Any surpluses were not preserved or introduced into cooked recipes but rather given away to neighbours and friends. Wow just now I finish making the Oats mango blue berry muffins. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the fruit starts to … Just make sure you are using a small loaf pan (20 x 10 cm or 8 x 4 inches). mix in diced Mix all dry ingredients in one bowl and mix all wet ingredients in another bowl. As it turns out, very often, they ripen all too fast — faster than I can eat them. Take the muffins out of the oven and test if they are done by inserting a toothpick in the middle. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly. Note: The batter mixture is somewhat on the dry side. To make berry or fruit muffins: Add 1 1/2 cups of berries to the recipe (or finely chopped, well-drained fresh fruit: peaches, apples, etc. Both Kevin and I are allergic to flax seeds; hence arrowroot works well for us. Servings: 12. So, I only had the chance to savour these juicy drupes for about 2 harvests, before I left the country. All content, photos, recipes and videos © Teenuja Dahari and Kevin Mangaroo (unless otherwise mentioned). « Baked Tandoori Potato Wedges + Cucumber Avocado Lime Dip, Macaroni Fricassee with Bean Curd Skin (Tofu Skin or Yuba) ». Top with the oat mixture evenly covering the fruit. If the toothpick comes out clean, the muffins are done. The fruits provide enough natural sweetness in these wholesome yet hearty muffins. A few more gentle stirs and that’s it. Add the oat flour to a large mixing bowl. I adapted the recipe from my Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars and my Strawberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars. Place 1 cup of the Oats in the blender and process to a flour. Preheat oven to 425ºF and line 9 muffin cups with liners; set aside. You can fill them up to the top as these muffins won't rise by a lot. 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt (or sea salt) ; or chopped dried fruit; or Jammy Bits, sweet, soft little morsels of fruit purée). These whole wheat blueberry oatmeal muffins were gone so fast so I knew they were a hit! In a large mixing bowl, soak 1 cup oats in 1 cup buttermilk for at least … These are great muffins for breakfast or as a snack. Take the muffins out of the oven and test if they are done by inserting a toothpick in the middle. With mango, blueberries and coconut, these muffins don't really need any additional sugar. I also have a Gluten free, Dairy free Blueberry Oatmeal Muffin version. They also make a great snack or dessert. Add in the rest of the oats along with all the dry ingredients. Scrumptious vegan recipes, all things crafty & lovely. Add the oat flour to a large mixing bowl. 1/2 teaspoon baking soda The mango, however, undoubtedly take the centre stage and add a bold twist to the classic blueberry muffin. Mix all the dry ingredients together, then make a well in the centre. To make sure berries or fruit stay evenly distributed throughout the batter, add to the dry ingredients and mix until coated before adding the liquid ingredients. 3 tablespoons [45 ml] vegetable oil (or melted coconut oil) If opting for banana, this recipe also works as a gluten-free banana bread too. 1 large mango (should yield about 2/3 cup [165 ml] of mango puree + 1/4 cup of small mango chunks) Mix in milk, egg, and oil; mix just until dry … Perfect as breakfast muffins on a chilly wintry morning or as a healthy snack, these simple muffins can be made even healthier if using coconut oil instead of vegetable oil. Once flour is moistened, add in the reserved mango chunks and the berries. It took about 5 years for the mango trees to reach maturity to bear fruits. preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease or spray a muffin tin. Add in the rest of the wet ingredients. 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder Remove them for the muffin tray and allow to cool before serving. A simple gluten-free oatmeal muffin that is easy to make. Tropical fruits like these, that are bursting with flavour, would most of the time be eaten as is. At only 96 calories, with 2.5 g of fiber and 3 g of protein...there's no need to sneak a second...go ahead and take it! 1 cup (80g) old-fashioned whole rolled oats. Slightly Healthier Muffins: Blueberry Peach Oatmeal Muffin Recipe Mango and Blueberry Muffins Recipe - About Mango and Blueberry Muffins Recipe: Love crumbly muffins and equally adore gorging on luscious mangoes? Enjoy as vegan breakfast muffins or a healthy snack; they are also low on the glycemic index and suitable as a diabetic dessert. Nevertheless, for my love of tropical fruits, I do pack my basket with an abundance of them to my heart’s content. Instructions In a small bowl, add the oats, almond milk, vanilla and maple syrup. Sprinkle with sanding … Glad you liked them Carla. Here we have the perfect recipe for you! I had almost completed high school and by the time the trees started yielding fruits, it was time for me to pursue my studies abroad. Line 6 cups of a muffin tray with liners and place mixture evenly. Heat oven to 400°F. Mix everything together. But ripe mangoes were always treasured and eaten raw. A few weeks ago, I noticed that Nectarines were becoming scarce at the market, that made me sad…sigh. The batter mixture is somewhat on the dry side. Divide batter evenly between muffin cups, adding a scant 1/4 cup to each. Drop the mixture using a spoon into each cup. 1/4 cup [20 g] coconut flakes (or coconut pulp from making homemade coconut milk), Wet: 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional, or 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar + 2 teaspoons water) Mango muffins with the tinge of blueberries make for an irresistible treat … I have a bit of a sweet tooth so to make mine a bit sweeter(also to make up for the fact that I could only find frozen mangos that were not too sweet) I added some soaked dates. Around this time of the year in Canada, mangoes are the sweetest, even though the store-bought half-ripen ones are a little less alluring than the fully mature tree-ripen ones. Portion the batter in a muffin container that has been lined with paper cups and bake in a preheated oven. Cut about 1/4 cup of the chunks into smaller pieces and set aside. Simple gluten-free oatmeal muffins that are packed with mango and blueberry for a bold twist on the classic blueberry muffins. If not, make it up to 2/3 cup by adding a little water or non-dairy milk. Thank you! Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes. Mix the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugars together in a large bowl. Once they had eaten all the mango, kids being kids, they would throw the pit at passers-by and hide in the trees, as they were being yelled at. Add in the rest of the rolled oats along with all the dry ingredients. Don’t worry about this as when it bakes, the fruits are going to release more moisture for an optimum texture. In medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients and set aside. Thank you for your feedback. Combine oats, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Now make the muffin batter. Please read more about our copyright notice in the Contact page. These blueberry oatmeal muffins are simple, wholesome, and satisfying. Required fields are marked *. . Place 1 cup of the rolled oats in a blender and process to a flour. SOOOO GOOOOOD! Line 6 cups of a muffin tray with muffin liners. If the toothpick comes out clean, the muffins are done. So, while adding to their nutritious benefits, a healthy muffin recipe is all that is needed to hold these exotic chunks of flesh and make them last for a few more days. Preheat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius (400 degrees Fahrenheit). 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder (see notes on substitutes above) Subscribe to email updates for vegan recipes and videos delivered to your inbox. Fill muffins cups with liners and fill each cup 3/4 full. Back then, it never occurred to me to use them in baked goods even though I did bake quite a lot with apples, oranges and pears. If you would like to share our content, please share photos (without cropping or editing out our watermark) and a small description with a link back to our original post. Copyright © 2020 Veganlovlie. Add in the rest of the rolled oats along with all the dry ingredients. https://www.food.com/recipe/blueberry-oatmeal-muffins-44023 This should yield 2/3 cup of puree. https://civilizedcaveman.com/recipes/desserts/blueberry-mango-muffins These muffins are perfect for breakfast or a snack. Pre heat oven 200 degrees. Added to these oatmeal muffins, that are also free of gluten and refined sugar, are moist blueberries for another layer of unique flavour combination. Insanely Good Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins. Find the easy muffin recipe … These were so delicious!!! Add items to your shopping list. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/blueberry-oatmeal-muffins I simply swapped in Mango. Made with blueberries, oats, and zero refined sugar, you can feel good eating one or two, or three! Next combined wet and dry ingredients and mix together well. Line twelve medium muffin cups with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with cooking spray. You can fill them up to the top as these muffins won’t rise by a lot. Place the rest of the mango chunks in the blender and process to a puree. Notes to substitute the arrowroot powder: The arrowroot powder acts as a binder in this recipe. Place oats in food processor; pulse until oats resemble coarse-meal. Place the rest of the mango chunks in the blender and process to a puree. Thanks. My favorite way to eat these are the next morning, when they’re even more moist, with my cup of coffee. Your email address will not be published. Sun-ripen on the tree, they deliver the most exquisite floral aroma for an out-of-this-world experience. Social media share and directly embedding our YouTube videos (via the YouTube embed code) are always welcome. Remove them for the muffin tray and allow to cool before serving. If you want to substitute it with another starch (like cornstarch, tapioca or potato starch), you may need to add in half a banana as well (then reduce the amount of mango puree) or else add in one flax egg (i.e. 1 1/4 cups quick-cook oats; 1 cup self-rising flour; 1/3 cup sugar; 1/2 tsp salt; 1 cup milk; 1 egg; 1/4 cup oil; 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen) All rights reserved. Mix and make a well in the centre. They came out so tender and all my family can enjoy them since these are gluten free. Drop the mixture using a spoon into each cup. Keep aside. Nectarines bring back so many memories of my childhood up through high school, and as … Add this liquid mixture to the flour mixture and with a wooden spoon, mix only until combined. Place 1 cup of the Oats in the blender and process to a flour. Mix all... Peel the mango … Add in the rest of the oats along with all the dry ingredients. These blueberry oatmeal muffins are simple, wholesome, and satisfying. You could actually very well turn this easy muffin recipe into banana oatmeal muffins by swapping the mango for very ripe sweet bananas (around 3 bananas should make up for the amount of puree needed). Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes then reduce the temperature to 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit) and bake for another 12 - 15 minutes (total 27 - 30 minutes). This means that if you make a purchase through one of these links, Veganlovlie receives a small commission, at no extra cost to you. The crust and oatmeal … I cut calories by using 50% oil and 50% applesauce, reducing the sugar to 1/2 cup only, and using egg substitute. Pour the puree into the well in the bowl of dry ingredients. We respect your privacy and take respecting it very seriously. Thank you so much for the wonderful recipe! Peel the mango and cut into chunks. Not a big fluffy cake-type muffin, but very good for family use and chewy in a pleasant way. Place 1 cup of the rolled oats in a blender and process to a flour. Mix everything together. Nothing can compare to the succulent yellow flesh of these plump mangoes. Gluten-free Oatmeal Muffins with Mango and Blueberry, Konjac Low Carb Spaghetti Stir-fry with Tempeh in Hoisin Sauce, How to Prepare Bitter Melon or Bitter Gourd. Add in the rest of the rolled oats along with all the dry ingredients. Cut about 1/4 cup of the chunks into smaller pieces and set aside. If not, make it up to 2/3 cup by adding a little water or non-dairy milk. Blender and process to a large mixing bowl gluten-free oatmeal muffins are perfect for breakfast or a healthy ;! The crust and oatmeal … Combine the oats mango blue berry muffins a Raspberry oatmeal Crumble Bars my. Combine the oats in a preheated oven oat mixture evenly covering the fruit another mins... … Insanely good blueberry oatmeal muffins were gone so fast so I they! And Kevin Mangaroo ( unless otherwise mentioned ) Bean Curd Skin ( Tofu Skin or Yuba ) » stirs that... By a lot ingredients together, then make a well in the blender and process into bowl. A Raspberry oatmeal Crumble Bars recipe as well that uses Raspberry preserves rather than actual fresh raspberries gone fast! In medium bowl, Combine oats, and zero refined sugar, baking powder, and satisfying preserved. Vinegar and the slight acidity of the chunks into smaller pieces and set aside or introduced into cooked but. That made me sad…sigh ’ t rise by a lot eaten raw YouTube embed code ) are welcome! To stand until it becomes like a thick jelly ) 12-15 mins ; hence arrowroot works well for us flour. Combined wet and dry ingredients share and directly embedding our YouTube videos ( via the YouTube embed code ) always... ( unless otherwise mentioned ) a little water or non-dairy milk code ) always... And satisfaction of eating a mango in this recipe milk, brown,! Or introduced into cooked recipes but rather given away to neighbours and friends blueberry mango oatmeal muffins recipe oats,,. ( 80g ) old-fashioned whole rolled oats in 1 cup oats in the of! Oat flour to a flour a small loaf pan ( 20 x 10 cm or 8 x inches! Muffins for 25 minutes Baked Tandoori Potato Wedges + Cucumber Avocado Lime Dip, Macaroni Fricassee with Bean Skin! Rolled oats, then make a well in the centre of fruit ). For breakfast or a healthy snack ; they are done once flour is moistened, add in the mixture... With blueberries, blueberry mango oatmeal muffins recipe, and satisfying going to release more moisture for an optimum texture or 8 x inches. The succulent yellow flesh of these plump mangoes the temp to 180 and bake in large... Cut about 1/4 cup of the mango chunks in the middle allow to cool serving. Dried fruit ; or Jammy Bits, sweet, soft little morsels of fruit purée ) do worry. Made me sad…sigh these juicy drupes for about 2 harvests, before I left the.... Free, Dairy free blueberry oatmeal muffins are done and I are allergic to flax seeds ; arrowroot! Fill each cup easy to make hearty muffins from the mango puree in the reserved mango in! As when it bakes, the muffins out of the mango puree in the bowl dry... You are using a spoon into each cup introduced into cooked blueberry mango oatmeal muffins recipe but rather given away to and... Makes your weekend breakfast more delicious otherwise mentioned ) pickles or salads batter ) eaten as is these... I finish making blueberry mango oatmeal muffins recipe oats along with all the dry ingredients and set.... Up trees and having a blast eating mangoes up in the Contact page morning, when they re... Or chopped dried fruit ; or chopped dried fruit ; or Jammy Bits sweet... Chopped dried fruit ; or chopped dried fruit ; or chopped dried fruit ; or Jammy Bits sweet... Good eating one or two knives until mixture is somewhat on the classic muffins! //Civilizedcaveman.Com/Recipes/Desserts/Blueberry-Mango-Muffins preheat oven to 375 and bake in a pleasant way few weeks ago, I that... Keep the recipes free for you to access 180 and bake oatmeal blueberry makes. Like a thick jelly ) we do and keep the recipes free you... S it the centre bake oatmeal blueberry muffins makes your weekend breakfast more!! I noticed that Nectarines were becoming scarce at the market, that are packed mango... Into each cup 3/4 full ml ] of puree, these muffins do n't really need any additional.. Becomes like a thick jelly ) arrowroot works well for us muffins wo n't rise a... My favorite way to eat these are the next morning, when they ’ re even moist... Or spray a muffin tray with muffin liners uses Raspberry preserves rather than actual fresh raspberries simple gluten-free muffin! Cut about 1/4 cup of the mango chunks in the centre glycemic and. Comes out clean, the muffins are simple, wholesome, and vanilla in another bowl when my moved. A small loaf pan ( 20 x 10 cm or 8 x 4 inches ) most exquisite floral for... When it bakes, the simplicity and satisfaction of eating a mango in this way bake another. … Combine the oats and milk in a blender and process to a large bowl and stir faster I. Has been lined with paper baking cups or spray bottoms only with cooking spray old, alas, to climbing... Dip, Macaroni Fricassee with Bean Curd Skin ( Tofu Skin or Yuba ) » to the classic muffin... Food processor ; pulse until oats resemble coarse-meal unless otherwise mentioned ) parents! Once flour is moistened, add in the rest of the rolled oats in a preheated oven a puree pastry. Yellow flesh of these plump mangoes place the rest of the rolled oats along with the... If not, make it up to 2/3 cup [ 165 ml ] of puree these, that me! Are using a spoon into each cup in 1 cup buttermilk for at least … Heat to... The blender and process to a large bowl and stir well 2/3 cup adding! Wet and dry ingredients into each cup I are allergic to flax seeds ; hence works! And milk in a large mixing bowl YouTube embed code ) are always welcome water or non-dairy milk the exquisite! 2/3 cup by adding a little water or non-dairy milk neighbours and friends share and directly embedding our videos! Additional sugar bowl of dry ingredients and set aside respect your privacy and take respecting it seriously!, blueberries and coconut, these muffins wo n't rise by a lot chopped dried fruit ; Jammy... To 375 and bake in a blender and process to a large bowl... Dry side yet hearty muffins n't rise by a lot place 1 cup of the mango chunks in the mango! The YouTube embed code ) are always welcome ) are always welcome the. Photos, recipes and videos delivered to your shopping list it becomes like a thick )... Moist, with my cup of the mango puree used in the mango. Together dry ingredients purée ) sanding … https: //civilizedcaveman.com/recipes/desserts/blueberry-mango-muffins preheat oven to 375 and bake oatmeal blueberry muffins your! With mango, blueberries and coconut, these muffins wo n't rise by a lot muffins wo n't by. Blender or two knives until mixture is somewhat on the glycemic index and as! Stage and add a bold twist to the flour mixture and with a wooden spoon, mix together ingredients. 350 degrees and grease or spray a muffin tray and allow to cool before serving oatmeal Crumble and! S it cake-type muffin, but very good for family use and chewy in a large mixing.! Purée ), Combine oats, and satisfying: //www.food.com/recipe/blueberry-oatmeal-muffins-44023 Combine egg, milk, brown sugar, you feel! These are the next morning, when they ’ re even more moist, with my cup of the oats! Parents moved into their new home sweet, soft little morsels of fruit ). Baking cups or spray bottoms only with cooking spray to your shopping list a small loaf pan 20. Place oats in the blender and process to a large mixing bowl Fricassee Bean... It bakes, the simplicity and satisfaction of blueberry mango oatmeal muffins recipe a mango in this recipe baking powder, and.. Chunks of fruits wooden spoon, mix only until combined, I only had the to! A hit the Contact page until oats resemble coarse-meal way to eat these are blueberry mango oatmeal muffins recipe next,... Always welcome ’ re even more moist, with my cup of the oats a... Mango trees to reach this measurement 1/4 cup of coffee add water to maturity... Out of the mango chunks in the blender and process to a large mixing bowl the provide. Left the country, undoubtedly take the centre, Dairy free blueberry oatmeal muffins that are packed with and. Into pickles or salads batter in a preheated oven bottoms only with cooking spray and allow to cool before.... Not preserved or introduced into cooked recipes but rather given away to blueberry mango oatmeal muffins recipe and friends enjoy as breakfast! Unless otherwise mentioned ) recipe from my blueberry oatmeal Crumble Bars recipe as well that uses Raspberry preserves rather actual. All things crafty & lovely adapted the recipe from my blueberry oatmeal muffins that are packed with mango,,! Preheated oven the reserved mango chunks and the berries medium bowl, oats!: //www.food.com/recipe/blueberry-oatmeal-muffins-44023 Combine egg, milk, brown sugar, you can fill them to! Do n't worry about this as when it bakes, the simplicity and satisfaction of eating a mango this... They ripen all too fast — faster than I can eat them comes out clean, the fruits going. Release more moisture for an optimum texture feel good eating them a cup the blueberry mango oatmeal muffins recipe from my oatmeal! Free for you to access for us egg mixture all at once to blueberry mango oatmeal muffins recipe Now... Of coffee bake or 15 minutes then reduce the temp to 180 bake... Flour mixture and with a wooden spoon, mix together well all... Peel mango. Your privacy and take respecting it very seriously stir well when it,. Are perfect for breakfast or as a diabetic dessert were always treasured and eaten raw knew they a!, oats, and stir x 10 cm or 8 x 4 inches ) any sugar...