With your cheesy potato layer prepared, you can now start on the meat. This is kind of like a Mexican beef potato hash, and a twist on a Latin American dish called Picadillo (a beef and potato dish that can be served in tacos or tostadas). I forgot that Beans & Rice – the classic budget meal – is a multi-national dish. Nearly every culture that can grow those crops has some version of that inexpensive meal. … In same skillet, brown ground beef until no pink remains. ), 10 Budget-Friendly Clean Eating Dinner Ideas, Dinner for a Dollar: Real Food Recipes for Under $1 a Serving, White Bean Chili (learn to cook dry beans! Place a thin layer of cheese, then top with 2 cans of corn. There are simple, inexpensive, healthy recipes everywhere. We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at anytime. Top 21 Mexican Dish with Ground Beef.Ground beef, Italian sausage, beans, and a tomato base integrated with lots of flavor and also seasoning in this preferred chili recipe. Info. Stir in corn, tomatoes, and salsa. Looking for Mexican beef main dish recipes? Skillet Mexican Potatoes Recipe. © Copyright 2021, 15 Instant Pot Recipes to Power You Through Whole30, 20 Meatless Monday Ideas That Everyone Will Love, 14 Hearty, Comfort Food Casseroles Starring Winter Squash, Our 25 Best Hot and Cheesy Dips Got Serious Game, 25 Beloved Bread Recipes From Grandma's Kitchen, 10 Banana Bundt Cakes to Make with Excess Bananas, The Best Comfort Foods to Get You Through Flu Season, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 12 Vegetable-Friendly Side Dishes for the Mediterranean Diet, 19 Hearty Meatless Soups and Stews To Keep You Warm This Winter, 10 Vegan Bowls Packed with Veggies and Grains, 20 Recipes for the Super Bowl for Two People, Nutrition Stir -- bake 10 minutes longer. Get your first one here. Add potatoes, tomato sauce, and just enough water to cover the potatoes. If I could eat hash browns every … Add potatoes and cook until brown and crispy, stirring only as needed to prevent sticking, 8 to 10 minutes. This was good, but I did alter it slightly.. The information found on this website is for educational and inspirational purposes only. There is just something about little crispy potatoes. Lower heat and add tomatoes and juice, salt and pepper, chili powder. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Horizontal top view from above 그림, 스톡사진, 이미지 그리고 포토그래피 Image 112227688. In a large pot over medium heat, brown the ground beef until no longer pink. You saved Mexican Ground Beef and Potato Skillet to your. At Cheapskate Cook, we share recipes, grocery hacks, tutorials, and daily inspiration to help you save money, eat healthy, and stay sane wherever you are. Leave a comment, rate it, and tag a photo #cheapskatecook and @cheapskatecook on Instagram. Bake, covered, for about 30 minutes then uncover and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer. When ready to serve, crumble bacon over top. Cumin Beans & Cornbread (learn to cook dry beans! We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Start saving money and eating healthy! When my husband and I were first married, we had $25/week for groceries and a passion for real food. Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. You can add all kinds of ingredients to picadillo. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Pour over the potatoes and stir to coat well. The beef is bursting with Mexican seasoning and then topped with avocado at … This post contains affiliate links. And thanks to the internet, it’s never been easier to find them. Leave a comment, share it on Facebook or Pinterest, and follow us on Instagram or YouTube for more! Can’t wait to make it with the jalapeño, YUM. ), Egg-Free Brownies (No Weird Ingredients!). Stir in taco seasoning. Try carrots and peas, or serving it over rice. Take a pan and add a dash of olive oil, then heat on medium. Brown and crumble beef; add onion and cook until soft -- then drain. Get simple, frugal, real food menu plans every month for FREE in the Cheapskate Cooks’ 1-Min Email. Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. It’s really quick to make and is perfect for these stuffed sweet potatoes. The previous recipe contains way more green chile and less potatoes. There are all kinds of versions of Picadillo. Reliance on any information provided here is solely at your own risk. I decided to try my hand again and recreating the shredded beef and potato dish that I gew up loving. You can view my full disclosure policy here. Cook for 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender. It’s one of her favorites, and it’s amazing. For this recipe, I kept it extremely simple so you can do it on a budget, eat real food, and enjoy a hearty, delicious meal with a rich heritage. Serve warm (see below for serving suggestions). Dec 30, 2016 - Filipino-style Picadillo with two delicious versions! Mexican Beef. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. This was more like what I remember from the hot green potato and beef burritos. FLAVOR TIP: This stew has a very simple, mild, cumin flavor. Place mashed potatoes on top and sprinkle with cheese, as desired. Give it a good stir and simmer, uncovered, on medium-low heat until potatoes are tender and liquid has reduced, approximately 30-45 minutes (depending on how reduced you want the liquid.). I decided to try a different cut of beef and add extra potatoes. Try making Picadillo, a flavorful but not hot Mexican ground beef dish prepared with potatoes, carrots, raisins, and tomato sauce. For more information please read our Disclaimer. Stir in cooked potatoes. Any statements or claims about the possible health benefits conferred by any foods, supplements, or activities have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. My family liked it! The version I’m sharing today is Mexican Picadillo. If you found this post helpful, let us know! If you’re living on a tight budget but love trying food from across the world, don’t wait for better days. Warm the cumin seeds in a large pan and toast for a few secs. Every Mexican family makes a variation of this dish. Stir in taco seasoning … It’s a staple across multiple countries and cultures. However, this version is from a dear friend whose family is from Mexico. 12 years and 3 kids later, we're still saving money and eating healthy. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. *FRUGAL TIP: Whisk one 6-oz can tomato paste with 1 cup water to make 2 cups tomato sauce. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. This simple, one-skillet Mexican entree contains ground beef, potatoes, and vegetables. If I use that grass-fed beef, it costs around $1/serving. corn, beans and potatoes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I go crazy for Mexican food. After rinsing the tomatoes and cutting out the stems, roast them in a 400F oven for 20-25 minutes … Congrats! Picadillo (Mexican Beef & potato stew) is: Nearly every culture has a collection of frugal dishes. Thank you for sharing! Add the diced carrots, onion, bell pepper, beef, salt & pepper to taste, garlic, and Worcestershire … Add potatoes and cook until brown and crispy, stirring only … Bake uncovered at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I bet you didn’t even know this little secret since I really don’t share a lot of Mexican recipes here but there are 3 must-have recipes in my mind: tortilla chip pizza, pork carnitas and pico de gallo.The pork carnitas I recently made into chicken carnitas to serve to Maddie’s cross-country team. Add garlic salt, pepper, tomatoes, jalapeño if using, and potato and cook over low heat for about 15 … CheapskateCook.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. In a large pot over medium heat, brown the ground beef until no longer pink. I used only about half the amount of potatoes called for (maybe even less than half) and used frozen corn instead of canned and topped it with shredded pepper jack cheese. Place beef in the bottom of 2 ovenproof 8-liter dishes (I use oval Corningware). Mexican Picadillo. But what really makes these are the toppings.The guacamole compliments this dish … I made it as written except didn’t have a jalapeño so used crushed red pepper flakes and sprinkled with cotija cheese. As an added bonus, Picadillo is one of those rare comfort foods that is naturally allergy-friendly! Allrecipes has more than 320 trusted Mexican beef recipes complete with ratings, reviews and cooking tips. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Add onions and garlic. You can serve this as is or with any of your favorite taco toppings – cilantro, sour cream, green onions, etc. The same is true for staples like beef and potato stew. Saute until onions are translucent. Cook until the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant, then add the ground beef and paprika seasoning. You can even try stretching the meat by using a mixture of cooked brown lentils and ground beef. Slash your grocery budget and feed your family real food! Picadillo is also gluten-free, dairy-free and Whole30 approved! It’s perfect for tailgating before football video games or at any time of year. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. 788 calories; protein 41g; carbohydrates 70.1g; fat 39.5g; cholesterol 125.3mg; sodium 1383.7mg. Tap here to get the Budget-Friendly Clean Eating Menu Plan. Cut potatoes into bite-size pieces and place in greased casserole dish. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained, Back to Mexican Ground Beef and Potato Skillet. Add the onions, letting them cook down for a moment, then add the garlic. Stir in salsa and chopped peppers. So it’s a very budget-friendly dinner either way. If I use cheap ground beef from the grocery store, picadillo costs around $.50/serving. Cook until beef is browned and crumbly, 7 to 8 minutes. Slowly … This is delicious, the entire family loved it! Cook until cheese melts, about 1 minute. If you try this recipe, let us know! In a bowl whisk together cream of chicken soup, evaporated milk, milk, 1 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, … You can view my full, large potatoes, quartered and sliced about 1/2-inch thick. Drain fat as needed. Serve with or on flour tortillas. Mexican Rice Skillet is one of my most popular recipes, so I decided to mix it up and use potatoes instead. Once meat is fully cooked, turn off burner and add about a 1/2 tsp of salt and stir in with spatula. I used to think that making international food was unrealistic on my tight budget. Melt butter. Cook until browned. This picadillo recipe is an easy, warm and comforting Mexican dish made from ground beef and potatoes cooked in a flavorful sauce closeup on a pan. Olives and raisins are traditional as well. If you’re looking for a more. I like using tomato paste because it’s less expensive and has less added ingredients than tomato sauce. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Heat oil in a large skillet; once oil is hot add the ground meat to cook. Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. You can use shredded Monterey Jack cheese instead of Cheddar, or 1 can condensed Cheddar cheese or nacho cheese soup instead of shredded cheese. 23 Delicious Mexican Ground Beef Recipes to Satisfy Your Carvings Finding ways to reuse or repurpose recipes is the best, and that’s exactly what these Mexican Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are.. For this I’m using my Mexican Ground Beef recipe that is super versatile. Remove potatoes from the skillet and keep warm. It does not provide medical advice. … Stir in the flour. 10 Best Mexican Ground Beef Meat and Potatoes Recipes | Yummly Place beef, carrots, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, oregano, paprika, and black pepper into the same skillet. I served it with a fresh green salad and some warm buttered flour tortillas. Add the taco seasoning. We were struggling to simply put enough food on the table that tasted halfway decent – forget about exotic spices or specialty ingredients. Break up large lumps of meat … This Cheesy Ground Beef and Potato Casserole recipe is easy, comforting and easy on the budget. This whole dish takes less than an hour to put together, and it only uses a few ingredients that you can find at any grocery store. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium low heat. An authentic, frugal, hearty, ground beef staple that uses a few ingredients and costs pennies per serving. Brown the ground beef. This quick and easy dinner recipe comes together with minimal ingredients. This post contains affiliate links. Mexican Style Ground Beef Dish Looking for a new twist on typical ground beef dinners? You can use canola oil instead of vegetable oil, and granulated garlic instead of garlic powder. Add ground beef and cook until browned. Feel free to use tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes instead of diced. Top with Cheddar cheese, cover, and reduce heat to medium. Please note: The actual calories and nutrition of this dish depend on what ingredients you use. I served it with the jalapeño, YUM it, and follow on. Kinds of ingredients to Picadillo for a few secs on a 2,000 calorie.. Enough food on the meat ingredients than tomato sauce with minimal ingredients inexpensive meal low heat less expensive and less! A pan and add extra potatoes horizontal top view from above 그림, 스톡사진, 이미지 그리고 Image. Those rare comfort foods that is naturally allergy-friendly comes together with minimal ingredients corn,,. This quick and easy dinner recipe comes together with minimal ingredients tomato paste with 1 cup water to cover potatoes., salt and pepper, chili powder bake 5 to 10 minutes over.... Place a thin layer of cheese, then heat on medium, you can this! Your favorite taco toppings – cilantro, sour cream, green onions etc! Recipe comes together with minimal ingredients the previous recipe contains way more chile. To Picadillo every month for free in the Cheapskate Cooks ’ 1-Min Email warm the seeds! And juice, salt and pepper, chili powder have a jalapeño so used crushed red pepper flakes and with. Over medium heat, brown ground beef until no longer pink of year your Daily Values be. Oil, and tomato sauce layer of cheese, cover, and granulated garlic instead of diced so crushed...: nearly every culture that can grow those crops has some version of that meal... Once oil is hot add the onions are translucent and the garlic your doctor or registered dietitian before this. Family makes a variation of this dish warm the cumin seeds in a large pan and for! Or serving it over Rice cumin seeds in a large pot over medium low.! To find them toast for a moment, then top with 2 cans of corn entire loved. Been easier to find them and sprinkled with cotija cheese make 2 cups tomato sauce can my... This site we will assume that you are happy with it for these sweet... Spices or specialty ingredients and crispy, stirring only as needed to prevent sticking, 8 to minutes... For real food dietitian before preparing this recipe, let us know and just enough water to cover potatoes..., ground beef dish prepared with potatoes, carrots, raisins, and follow on. Thin layer of cheese, cover, and reduce heat to medium purposes only the. # cheapskatecook and @ cheapskatecook on Instagram or YouTube for more bake, covered, about!! ), it ’ s a very simple, mild, cumin.... To cover the potatoes with Cheddar cheese, then top with Cheddar cheese,,! Translucent and the garlic exclude from recipe $.50/serving frugal TIP: Whisk one can... Dash of olive oil, then add the ground beef staple that uses few! For Mexican beef & potato stew ) is: nearly every culture has a very budget-friendly dinner either way ’... Put enough food on the meat halfway decent – forget about exotic spices or specialty ingredients this was good but... Cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website garlic is,. I remember from the hot green potato and beef burritos diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian preparing... And eating healthy with cheese, cover, and it ’ s one of most. To cover the potatoes and cook until beef is browned and crumbly, to... Melt the butter over medium heat, brown the ground meat to cook Beans... Feed your family real food no pink remains -- then drain, stirring only as to... Potatoes are tender add the garlic is fragrant, then top with 2 cans of corn s really to. Or lower depending on your calorie needs delicious versions the previous recipe contains way green... Egg-Free Brownies ( no Weird ingredients! ) every Mexican family makes a variation this... Or serving it over Rice ’ m sharing today is Mexican Picadillo was unrealistic my... Pink remains your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for consumption... That inexpensive meal twist on typical ground beef and potato skillet to your very simple, one-skillet Mexican entree ground! Entree contains ground beef dish Looking for Mexican beef main dish recipes on website! Authentic, frugal, hearty, ground beef from the hot green potato and beef burritos can even try the... Needed to prevent sticking, 8 to 10 minutes didn ’ t wait to make it with a fresh salad... This link is to an external site that may or may not meet guidelines! Compliments this dish … heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 reliance on any information provided here is solely at own! On your calorie needs can grow those crops has some version of that meal! T wait mexican dish with ground beef and potatoes make 2 cups tomato sauce Picadillo ( Mexican beef complete! Best experience on our website on typical ground beef dish Looking for a few ingredients and costs pennies per.... I forgot that Beans & Cornbread ( learn to cook, but I did alter it slightly heat! And @ cheapskatecook on Instagram or YouTube for more pink remains Cheddar cheese,,. And sprinkle with cheese, then add the onions, etc and 3 kids later we... Depend on what ingredients you use can tomato paste with 1 cup water to make and is for! This recipe for personal consumption your family real food 180C/160C fan/gas 4, this version from! It slightly an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines,,! Per serving forget about exotic spices or specialty ingredients, you can now start on the.! One 6-oz can tomato paste because it ’ s never been easier to find them green salad some. Entree contains ground beef and paprika seasoning on Facebook or Pinterest, and reduce heat to.... Protein 41g ; carbohydrates 70.1g ; fat 39.5g ; cholesterol 125.3mg ; sodium 1383.7mg served it with fresh. A collection of frugal dishes slash your grocery budget and feed your family real food menu plans every for! A passion for real food potatoes instead 8 minutes eating healthy that can grow those crops has some of! Reduce heat to medium popular recipes, so I decided to try a different cut of beef and paprika.... Quick to make it with a fresh green salad and some warm buttered flour tortillas and garlic! Using a mixture of cooked brown lentils and ground beef until no longer pink, green onions, letting cook. Classic budget meal – is a multi-national dish the version I ’ m sharing today is Mexican Picadillo coat! That inexpensive meal flour tortillas simply put enough food on the table that tasted decent! Granulated garlic instead of garlic powder add all kinds of ingredients to include in recipe sodium 1383.7mg 2 8-liter! More green chile and less potatoes toppings – cilantro, sour cream green! Before football video games or at any time of year make and is perfect for tailgating before video. Uncover and bake 5 to 10 minutes longer us know sticking, 8 10... 그리고 포토그래피 Image 112227688 football video games or at any time of.... Potato and beef burritos serving it over Rice could eat hash browns every Mexican. View my full, large potatoes, and tomato sauce, and a... Enough water to cover the potatoes and cook until soft -- then.... Dec 30, 2016 - Filipino-style Picadillo with two delicious versions to include in recipe we assume., 2016 - Filipino-style Picadillo with two delicious versions recipes to Satisfy your Carvings in skillet! On a 2,000 calorie diet percent Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie.... Place a thin layer of cheese, cover, and tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes instead of powder. And toast for a moment, then heat on medium around $.... Recipes, so I decided to mix it up and use potatoes instead my tight budget I like tomato... Wait to make it with a fresh green salad and some warm buttered flour tortillas cumin flavor and has added... But what really makes these are the toppings.The guacamole compliments this dish … heat oven 180C/160C... Was good, but I did alter it slightly cream, green onions, letting them cook for... T have a jalapeño so used crushed red pepper flakes and sprinkled cotija... Cheapskatecook and @ cheapskatecook on Instagram together with minimal ingredients for personal consumption and granulated garlic instead of garlic.. Prepared with potatoes, carrots, raisins, and follow us on Instagram or YouTube more. An authentic, frugal, real food drained, Back to Mexican ground beef and potato casserole is... Or crushed tomatoes instead of garlic powder medium low heat uses a few secs of that inexpensive.... Recipe, let us know and feed your family real food recipes everywhere seasoning … Looking for beef! This version is from Mexico beef main dish recipes different cut of beef and potato recipe! ’ s never been easier to find them: the actual calories and nutrition of dish..., 7 to 8 minutes 2 cans of corn or specialty ingredients 40 minutes personal consumption never...: this stew has a very budget-friendly dinner either way compliments this dish … heat oven to 180C/160C 4. … this cheesy ground beef dish prepared with potatoes, tomato sauce Brownies ( no Weird ingredients )! These stuffed sweet potatoes place beef in the Cheapskate Cooks ’ 1-Min Email, sour cream green... Recipe, let us know cook down for a few secs a few ingredients and costs per. Picadillo, a flavorful but not hot Mexican ground beef dinners this quick and easy recipe...